Re: Some facts/observations on *early adopter* perl use

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
March 14, 2013 12:29
Re: Some facts/observations on *early adopter* perl use
Message ID:
20130314122919.GA16806@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 10:41:05AM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> * I suspect that the answer is that most 5.14.2 users are on Debian testing,
>   and most 5.8.8 and 5.8.7 users are on older commercial distributions, with
>   the verisimilitude of support.

I suspect that you suspect wrongly.  I suspect that people don't upgrade
because they see no need to upgrade.

From one of my own machines:

$ which perl
/usr/local/bin/perl

$ perl -v
This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i686-linux

David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

You can't spell AWESOME without ME!