Re: Some facts/observations on *early adopter* perl use

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
March 12, 2013 23:38
Re: Some facts/observations on *early adopter* perl use
Message ID:
CAHhgV8g9KbpOui7AT8=H4sbb-spURVsNd1LN4=H3uL0RiksfYg@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Peter Rabbitson <rabbit-p5p@rabbit.us> wrote:
\> So if I volunteer to do the legwork of preparing 5.8.10 (including the
> current stuff in maint-5.8 and whatever other feedback I receive), doing
> the proper work as per the RMG, doing the RCs, and cooperating with ANDK
> to smoke all this - then we can get a 5.8.10?
>
> My impression is that a 5.8.10 is out of the question for "marketing"
> reasons. I.e. "this stuff is dead, stop using it". It does not look to
> be the case *only* because it is hard to ship a perl release (it isn't
> lately). In other words I would be extremely surprised that the maints
> have not shipped solely due to lack of manpower. Do tell me if I am
> wrong.

What problem would be solved releasing a 5.8.10? This sounds to me
like a solution without a problem.

> The other thing I am trying to say is that 3 years is insanely short. And
> the numbers seem to sort-of back me up.

To short for what?

Leon