[perl #116971] make test tries to use a different perl than the one being build, /t/lib/croak.t t/lib/common.pl

From:
bulk88 via RT
Date:
March 6, 2013 20:12
Subject:
[perl #116971] make test tries to use a different perl than the one being build, /t/lib/croak.t t/lib/common.pl
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-28177-1362600722-438.116971-15-0@perl.org
Nicholas Clark wrote:

> Thanks for the very thorough diagnosis of this. I've pushed a fix for this
> particular problem as smoke-me/nicholas/116971

Will try that soon. I attached a crude *do not apply* fix that I did to
get around the problem. Your fix looks cleaner.

> To try to replicate this, I made a booby-trapped lib directory one up from
> my build tree on Linux, with:
>
> $ for file in `find lib -type d`; do mkdir -p ../$file; done
> $ for file in `find lib -type f`; do echo CORE::dump >../$file; done

I have working files in the wrong directory, not poisoned files so more
things worked aslong as they were pure perl. Also the
auto-Win32-XS-loader doesn't exist for you. So your results were
different. Your test was probably more thorough too.

> I see the following failures:
>
> Test Summary Report
> -------------------
> porting/utils.t
(Wstat: 0 Tests: 87 Failed: 79)
>   Failed tests:  3-27, 30, 32-47, 49-50, 52-78, 80-87
> porting/pod_rules.t
(Wstat: 0 Tests: 0 Failed: 0)
>   Parse errors: No plan found in TAP output
> porting/manifest.t
(Wstat: 0 Tests: 10689 Failed: 1)
>   Failed test:  10683
> ../dist/ExtUtils-ParseXS/t/115-avoid-noise.t
(Wstat: 256 Tests: 1 Failed: 1)
>   Failed test:  1
>   Non-zero exit status: 1
> Files=2380, Tests=619592, 133 wallclock secs (84.42 usr 11.06 sys +
583.38 cusr 42.01 csys = 720.87 CPU)
> Result: FAIL
>
> So I don't see your ../dist/IO/t/cachepropagate-tcp.t failure, I can
> replicate porting/pod_rules.t, and I get a few more.

cachepropagate-tcp.t always failing is unique to that machine, I dont
see it on any other machines where I do a harness run and I've never
pursued that failure. I should have made that clearer than "(IDC about
the others,
although the exit status 255s I think/guess are all the same, havn't
looked at them)".

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open