Re: [perl #116821] B::Deparse warnings during build of 5.17.9

From:
Aaron Crane
Date:
March 3, 2013 09:57
Re: [perl #116821] B::Deparse warnings during build of 5.17.9
Message ID:
CACmk_tvct6St9FrXF+4rq8t8+cmZu0MQa-vG8-PLjrUHvBsf7Q@mail.gmail.com
Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
> I've just applied 601448c36688a16a07b133714522cd9f63a9ed03, which does the
> minimum to stop the TODO test producing noise on STDERR.
>
> It would be nice to have Deparse to have at least minimal handling for
> lexical subs for 5.18, but since its an experimental feature, I don't
> think it needs to be a blocker. And I'm not volunteering!

Gah — apologies, I've repeatedly dropped the ball on this.

The branch arc/deparse-lexical-subs has extremely minimal handling for
lexical subs: they're emitted as declarations with no body, and they
might appear in the wrong place; but all of that is at least
documented.

I was meaning to solicit feedback before applying that, but failed to
actually ask.  (Sigh.)  But I'm still happy to (rebase against blead
and) push it, if that seems reasonable.  Any comments?

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/