Re: PL_sv_objcount

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
March 1, 2013 14:22
Re: PL_sv_objcount
Message ID:
20130301142234.GA13053@fernweh.localdomain
* bulk88 <bulk88@hotmail.com> [2013-03-01 13:00]:
> If a 100 optimizations are removed (intentionally or accidentally)
> without benchmarking over some years from perl, nobody will ever
> notice the extra ms per run building up.

The same is true if 100 features are added. The only way to counteract
that is automated benchmarking, just as we have automated smoking, with
results tracked over time. Steffen Schwigon has already done quite a bit
of work in that area; you have a vested interest in the same; how about
you helping him out?

Regards,