Re: [perl #116963] Add documentation on the advantages of perldoc forman users to perl.pod

From:
Jan Dubois
Date:
February 28, 2013 18:37
Re: [perl #116963] Add documentation on the advantages of perldoc forman users to perl.pod
Message ID:
CAD-TLz_Ka9dpJrf+RiR8VR+2mPuhRKE=hkNmfkSLUXfikrV+Uw@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 7:32 AM, H.Merijn Brand <h.m.brand@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> perldoc perlrun works fine. perldoc has improved over time and is by
> now certainly worth mentioning in the docs as alternative to man, if
> not the preferred to read perl docs. I admit I myself still use man,
> but it probably more like muscle-memory.

If you use perldoc, then you might be interested in cpandoc, which is
just like perldoc, but will fetch docs from CPAN if the module is not
installed locally:

https://metacpan.org/module/Pod::Cpandoc

Cheers,
-Jan