Re: PL_sv_objcount

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
February 28, 2013 17:14
Re: PL_sv_objcount
Message ID:
512F9070.2010203@cpan.org
On 02/28/2013 06:01 PM, Andy Dougherty wrote:
> What about CPAN modules using it?  There are at least a few.   I forget
> how we deal with such things.

Ah, good catch. I don't know how much interpreter variables are
considered to be public API.

If in doubt, the non-cost of simply keeping the variable, ignoring it in
the actual core code, adding a deprecation to the perldelta, and then
dropping it in 5.20 seems like the right trade-off here.

--Steffen