Re: [perl #116963] Add documentation on the advantages of perldoc for man users to perl.pod

From:
Tom Christiansen
Date:
February 28, 2013 02:35
Re: [perl #116963] Add documentation on the advantages of perldoc for man users to perl.pod
Message ID:
29635.1362018926@chthon
Reuben Thomas <rrt@sc3d.org> wrote
   on Thu, 28 Feb 2013 00:23:14 GMT:

>On 28 February 2013 00:12, tchrist1 via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
>>> Some documentation is not available as man pages, so if a
>>> cross-reference is not found by man, try it with L<perldoc>.
>>
>> Huh?  Like what?  This seems like a bug to me.

>See issue #62136 for a sample. As far as I can tell, it's more of a
>limitation of converting perldoc to man.

Hm, you mean this issue?

    % man -w sort
    /usr/local/man/man3/sort.3
    /usr/share/man/cat1/sort.0