inline failing

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
February 28, 2013 00:11
Subject:
inline failing
Message ID:
512EA090.9010405@khwilliamson.com
FYI

Brian Fraser pointed out to me that according to the gcc docs, an
inlined function's definition must come before it is called.  It turns
out that -Winlining is supposed to tell you of all the failures.

I tried this and got many messages.  The most common was like this
perl.c: In function ‘Perl_call_sv’:
inline.h:66: warning: inlining failed in call to ‘S_SvREFCNT_dec’: call
is unlikely and code size would grow
perl.c:2725: warning: called from here

There were 244 of these.  All the messages were of this type.  Things
that I thought would raise a message (because of ordering) didn't.