Re: [perl #116963] Add documentation on the advantages of perldoc forman users to perl.pod

From:
Reuben Thomas
Date:
February 27, 2013 15:12
Re: [perl #116963] Add documentation on the advantages of perldoc forman users to perl.pod
Message ID:
CAOnWdoha4pzJhm62fP-7eJ2yJbOcutmBMYqVC56frPm=UjXnjA@mail.gmail.com
On 27 February 2013 14:43, H. Merijn Brand via RT
<perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
.

> You could refer to its own docs, somewhat like
> --8<---
> Some documentation is not available as man pages, so if a
> cross-reference is not found by man, try it with L<perldoc>.  Perldoc can
> also take you directly to documentation for functions (with the B<-f>
> for other helpful options L<perldoc> has to offer.
> -->8---

That sounds like a low-risk option.

> FWIW I think I like the intent of the patch

Thanks. Would someone with the commit bit like to speak up?

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org