Re: [perl #116963] Add documentation on the advantages of perldoc forman users to perl.pod

From:
Reuben Thomas
Date:
February 27, 2013 14:18
Re: [perl #116963] Add documentation on the advantages of perldoc forman users to perl.pod
Message ID:
CAOnWdoiVUxE4dUMveBqCaCU26m-ia-W93Y2A-gwRap+XSLnWHw@mail.gmail.com
On 27 February 2013 14:15, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker via RT
<perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> Reuben Thomas <rrt@sc3d.org> writes:
>
>> On 27 February 2013 14:01, H. Merijn Brand via RT
>> <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
>>> there is no -Q option
>>
>> Thanks, that should have been -q. Revised patch:
>
> You should also metion the C<-v> switch for looking up individual
> variables in L<perlvar>.

It is probably as well to agree the patch in principle first. Also,
every additional switch mentioned adds maintenance burden, and once
having used perldoc the user can quite easily look up its
documentation. Hence, I suggest it's better to stick with just one or
two switches, enough to provide a compelling reason to use perldoc in
the first place.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org