Re: Getting new version of Pod::Simple updated in core (and fixingupstream modules in general)

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 25, 2013 19:34
Re: Getting new version of Pod::Simple updated in core (and fixingupstream modules in general)
Message ID:
CANgJU+WA2snQuCnQGT+VmM1EfEbHtyfriTgHB=xaQizXLNG4sQ@mail.gmail.com
On 25 February 2013 20:28, Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
> * demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> [2013-02-25T13:57:05]
>> Maybe I am operating under a misconception, but I thought our policy
>> was we dont merge changes to cpan modules directly... If we have no
>> such policy then maybe this whole thread is a waste. If so then sorry.
>
> I'm afraid I don't quite follow you.  What do you mean by "merge changes to
> cpan modules directly?"

The same thing I would do in my topic branch if I see EUMM breaking
while I am deving. I would fix it, bump the version number to a _01
type value, post the patch in a RT ticket and move on.

I thought our general policy these days was to "write patch in topic
branch, push to RT and wait for a release, then update module in
perl.git", IOW no _01 releases of cpan/ modules.

Yves