Re: [perl #116915] require a "I know EBCDIC is threatened" switch toConfigure

From:
John Goodyear
Date:
February 25, 2013 16:45
Re: [perl #116915] require a "I know EBCDIC is threatened" switch toConfigure
Message ID:
OF7B30EF19.4FCFC0D0-ON85257B1D.005AE090-85257B1D.005B37EF@us.ibm.com

I'm just getting started with my efforts on z/OS.

It's early, but are my efforts enough to allow you to put away the
cleaver ?

Ricardo Signes wrote:
> Unless there is a heroic effort to both fix and establish regular smoking
for
> perl on z/OS, it and EBCDIC support are on the chopping block.  We should
step
> up our announcement of this fact.

> Configure should refuse to build on an EBCDIC platform unless a switch is
> passed like -DACK_EBCDIC_WARNING

John Goodyear