Re: [perl #61592] 5.8.9 won't run suid program

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
February 25, 2013 12:29
Re: [perl #61592] 5.8.9 won't run suid program
Message ID:
20130225122913.GG5653@plum.flirble.org
On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 02:59:58PM -0800, James E Keenan via RT wrote:
> On Mon Dec 22 07:26:41 2008, nicholas wrote:

> Nicholas,
>
> I suspect we should have closed this ticket four years ago.  Do you agree?

It was not clear 4 years ago whether there would be a 5.8.10 release.
Had there been one, this fix would have been in.*

Also, really, this ticket is "abandoned" rather than "resolved".

I hope that the RT upgrade will let us make that distinction.

Nicholas Clark

* Actually, by the workflow that we're currently using, because we don't have
  a "pending release" status, this ticket would actually have been closed as
  "resolved" as soon as the bug fix was committed, even though it never got
  released. That's also something we should change.