Re: [perl #68706] problem with pod inside function arguments

From:
Aaron Trevena
Date:
February 25, 2013 09:21
Re: [perl #68706] problem with pod inside function arguments
Message ID:
CAJWQ4V0USYVcXjxqcXiX5F9eJ+8Cc_JTZT8M0TxWZEcy3NHMbg@mail.gmail.com
On 24 February 2013 22:25, James E Keenan via RT
<perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> On Sat Aug 22 11:45:29 2009, ikegami@adaelis.com wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Rafael Garcia-Suarez <
>> rgarciasuarez@gmail.com> wrote:

>> error:

> /home/teejay/development/freelance/lucemincendo/trunk/webserver/script/../lib/RSTDB/Schema/Result/Person.pm

>> as
>> newlines
>> >
>> > I think that this is documented somewhere (you can use pod only
>> > between statements), but I can't find where exactly by now...
>> >

>> It's in perlsyn. It needs to be in perlpod as well!
>
> No patch was ever submitted for this ticket, which was filed more than
> three years ago.

Yes - so long ago I'd forgotten it :)

> Do people feel a patch is needed?  (I myself am doubtful.)  Can someone
> produce a patch?

I can write a doc patch (about the limit of my ability to contribute
to perl-core) if it would help - perlpod would seem an appropriate
place to mention you shouldn't put pod in places like that - if it
would make the perlpod docs overly verbose I'm happy to leave it and
for the ticket to be closed.

To be perfectly honest, it's just something I noticed while picking a
tidy way of laying out DBIC classes, it's not something I'd do again
(and haven't in the last 5 years).

Cheers,

Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk