[perl #66572] IPC::Open3 Does Not Re-Throw Exceptions

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
February 24, 2013 22:42
Subject:
[perl #66572] IPC::Open3 Does Not Re-Throw Exceptions
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-31961-1361745740-1133.66572-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Jun 15 09:25:53 2009, ikegami@adaelis.com wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM, jonathan.i.yu@gmail.com (via RT) <
> perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
>
> > # New Ticket Created by  jonathan.i.yu@gmail.com
> > # Please include the string:  [perl #66572]
> > # in the subject line of all future correspondence about this issue.
> >

> > This is a bug report for perl from jonathan.i.yu@gmail.com,
> > generated with the help of perlbug 1.36 running under perl 5.10.0.

> > If using IPC::Open3 under taintmode, the taint exceptions thrown by
Perl's
> > system() call get caught but not re-thrown.
>

> open3 throws an exception as a result, but it doesn't contain the
message of
> the original exception ("Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running with -T
switch"),
> outputting $! instead. This bug is in Win32-specific code. This is
fixed in
> patch2.
>
> I also uncovered another bug. The error message contains IO::Pipe as the
> origin. ("open3: IO::Pipe: Can't spawn-NOWAIT: ...") while IO::Pipe is not
> involved. This is fixed in patch1.
>
> Pardon the non-standard patch format and test format. I'm on borrowed
time,
> but I figured I'd get the ball rolling. Patched against 5.10.0's
IPC::Open3.
> Test should be skipped on non-Windows systems.
>
> Eric "ikegami" Brine

Eric,

If you think these issues still merit consideration (there's been no
further discussion in more than 3-1/2 years), could you re-submit the
patches in a more standard format, say, git-format-patch?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open