[perl #68706] problem with pod inside function arguments

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
February 24, 2013 22:25
Subject:
[perl #68706] problem with pod inside function arguments
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-31961-1361744701-1041.68706-15-0@perl.org
On Sat Aug 22 11:45:29 2009, ikegami@adaelis.com wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Rafael Garcia-Suarez <
> rgarciasuarez@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2009/8/21 Aaron Trevena <perlbug-followup@perl.org>:
> > > Adding pod inside of a function call resulted in the following
> error:
> > >
> > >  String found where operator expected at

/home/teejay/development/freelance/lucemincendo/trunk/webserver/script/../lib/RSTDB/Schema/Result/Person.pm
> > > line 30, near "cut
> > >  "person_id""
> > >        (Do you need to predeclare cut?)
> > >
> > > It appears that perl parses the =cut at the end and the next line
> as
> > > code, rather than just the next line - adding whitespace and
> newlines
> > > didn't affect this.
> >
> > I think that this is documented somewhere (you can use pod only
> > between statements), but I can't find where exactly by now...
> >

> It's in perlsyn. It needs to be in perlpod as well!

No patch was ever submitted for this ticket, which was filed more than
three years ago.

Do people feel a patch is needed?  (I myself am doubtful.)  Can someone
produce a patch?

If not, the ticket should be closed.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan