Re: [perl #116821] B::Deparse warnings during build of 5.17.9

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 21, 2013 20:43
Re: [perl #116821] B::Deparse warnings during build of 5.17.9
Message ID:
CANgJU+Xk1U2eQ76vTGJPsSW6aq=N+RXJ4ofozqK4rL5jtu5VfA@mail.gmail.com
On 21 February 2013 20:01, Aaron Crane <arc@cpan.org> wrote:
> Aaron Crane <arc@cpan.org> wrote:
>> These warnings come from dist/B-Deparse/t/deparse.t; specifically,
>> this TODO test (currently at the bottom):
>>
>> # SKIP ?$] < 5.017004 && "lexical subs not implemented on this Perl version"
>> # TODO unimplemented in B::Deparse; RT #116553
>> # lexical subroutine
>> use feature 'lexical_subs';
>> my sub f {}
>> print f();
>>
>> I think this ticket can be merged into #116553; any disagreement?
>
> It's been suggested to me off-list that these warnings get in the way,
> and therefore that perhaps it would be better to skip the test for
> now.  But I still think it's a good thing to have the test
> TODO-executed until B::Deparse can handle lexical subs properly.  I
> can see a way to give B::Deparse a simple stub implementation for
> lexical subs, showing a declaration for them but not a definition.
> (Documenting that deficiency would be a necessary further step, but an
> easy one, fortunately.)  Does that sound like a suitable way forward?
> In my view, it would also prevent lack of full lexical-sub deparsing
> being a blocker for 5.18, given that the feature's experimental
> anyway.

I cant really comment on this. It doesnt sound bad, but from my point
of view just making whatever outputs this not output to STDERR, or
whatever is all that is needed. If what you described is in your
opinion the right way to silence this output then that is fine too :-)

Yves