Re: [perl #116821] B::Deparse warnings during build of 5.17.9

From:
Aaron Crane
Date:
February 21, 2013 19:02
Re: [perl #116821] B::Deparse warnings during build of 5.17.9
Message ID:
CACmk_tsMvPhwJmWsAjZ+HWfy_P5Ms0V9Yg8bS7nh6_KfFOJa5w@mail.gmail.com
Aaron Crane <arc@cpan.org> wrote:
> These warnings come from dist/B-Deparse/t/deparse.t; specifically,
> this TODO test (currently at the bottom):
>
> # SKIP ?$] < 5.017004 && "lexical subs not implemented on this Perl version"
> # TODO unimplemented in B::Deparse; RT #116553
> # lexical subroutine
> use feature 'lexical_subs';
> my sub f {}
> print f();
>
> I think this ticket can be merged into #116553; any disagreement?

It's been suggested to me off-list that these warnings get in the way,
and therefore that perhaps it would be better to skip the test for
now.  But I still think it's a good thing to have the test
TODO-executed until B::Deparse can handle lexical subs properly.  I
can see a way to give B::Deparse a simple stub implementation for
lexical subs, showing a declaration for them but not a definition.
(Documenting that deficiency would be a necessary further step, but an
easy one, fortunately.)  Does that sound like a suitable way forward?
In my view, it would also prevent lack of full lexical-sub deparsing
being a blocker for 5.18, given that the feature's experimental
anyway.

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/