Re: Salvaging lexical =?utf-8?b?JF8=?= from deprecation

From:
Ed Avis
Date:
February 20, 2013 09:40
Re: Salvaging lexical =?utf-8?b?JF8=?= from deprecation
Message ID:
loom.20130220T103816-4@post.gmane.org
Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgs <at> consttype.org> writes:

>So, to be clear: $_ is still global by default due to the need for
>backwards compatibility.

>Other punctuation variables do not suffer from this drawback. For
>example the $1, $2... capture variables are already automatically
>lexicalised.

IMHO, the situation with $1 is rather an ugly mess and should not be
extended to anything else... but that's a whole nother topic I hope.

--
Ed Avis <eda@waniasset.com>