Re: blockers of 5.18.0: a foreword

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
February 17, 2013 12:07
Re: blockers of 5.18.0: a foreword
Message ID:
5120C804.3050100@cpan.org
On 02/17/2013 12:13 PM, Aaron Crane wrote:
> Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
>> We need to work through our blockers, and identify any last blockers.
>>
>> Finally, if you know of current issues that are *not* in this list, please say
>> so, or add them to the list.
>
> I'm inclined to think this should be on the list:
>
> https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116553
> B::Deparse doesn't handle lexical subs

More generally speaking, does everyone feel comfortable with the state
of lexical subs right now?

It would be a huge shame to not have them enabled and shiny in 5.18, but
IIRC there were some issues that surfaced recently (prototypes) and
Father Chrysostomos, their champion, has been on hiatus.

--Steffen