Re: blockers of 5.18.0: a foreword

From:
Aaron Crane
Date:
February 17, 2013 11:13
Re: blockers of 5.18.0: a foreword
Message ID:
CACmk_tvkX2E0fwhcWWRZYpKFr9mDTdBjwtH6ssO63_NuX37d3g@mail.gmail.com
Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:
> We need to work through our blockers, and identify any last blockers.
>
> Finally, if you know of current issues that are *not* in this list, please say
> so, or add them to the list.

I'm inclined to think this should be on the list:

https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116553
B::Deparse doesn't handle lexical subs

Trying to deparse code with a `my sub` emits none of the code in the
subroutine, but does spew a separate warning for each of the three
unhandled ops:

$ ./perl -Ilib -MO=Deparse -Xe 'use feature "lexical_subs"; my sub f
{} print f()'
unexpected OP_INTROCV at lib/B/Deparse.pm line 1250.
unexpected OP_CLONECV at lib/B/Deparse.pm line 1250.
do {
    XXX;
    XXX
};
unexpected OP_PADCV at lib/B/Deparse.pm line 1250.
no warnings;
use feature 'lexical_subs';
print XXX->();
-e syntax OK

Even a "deparsing lexical subs is not yet supported" message would be
better than this for a stable release, I think.

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/