Re: blockers of 5.18.0: a foreword

From:
Brad Gilbert
Date:
February 16, 2013 04:35
Re: blockers of 5.18.0: a foreword
Message ID:
CAD2L-T0mGdw9ybpnXGztfTWNtVu8EFUhz7M112CVoiUcKU0-Hg@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 8:49 PM, Ricardo Signes
<perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org> wrote:

> In a perfect world, Perl 5.18.0 will be released April 20th.  In reality, it
> May 18th would be nice.
>
> We need to work through our blockers, and identify any last blockers.
>
> The blocker list is, in theory, at:
> https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=114502
>
> ...but that's sort of a pain to look at to see what's yet to be done.  Instead,
> try: http://goo.gl/Hk7d5
>
> There are 24 tickets there, as of this moment.  Some of them are clearer than
> others, especially as regards next steps.  Please consider having a look over
> them to see whether you think they can be closed, or whether you can do the
> work to *get* them closed.
>
> I will be posting about the blockers specifically over the next few days/weeks.
> These are the tickets that are going to delay our release.  Take action!
>
> Finally, if you know of current issues that are *not* in this list, please say
> so, or add them to the list.
>
> --
> rjbs

115118  Give notice that the WinCE port is likely to be removed in 5.19

    Can probably be closed since the WinCE port has someone working on it.

115910	New copy-on-write breaks CPAN

    Can be removed from the list of blockers if COW is disabled by default.
    ( This will delay the problem until next year. )

116326	COW: big slowdown in simple pattern matches

    Can be removed from list of blockers if it works correctly without COW,
    and COW is disabled by default.
    ( This will delay the problem until next year )