Re: Keeping track of used modules (Was: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?)

From:
Peter Martini
Date:
February 14, 2013 04:18
Re: Keeping track of used modules (Was: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?)
Message ID:
CAFyW6MShHd0a9TY4YiTmc-svCp_U49W1BU11svsPfygUj=M5LQ@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:52 PM, David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> wrote:

>> FWIW AS's PPM site http://code.activestate.com/ppm/search:/ has download
>> counts. They mean something. I dont know how "real world" they are though
>> (did someone push a AS PPM module to 200 desktops with Active Directory? so
>> thats 200 downloads, but only 1 user).
>
> That's a different questions.  The OP said: "report ... CPAN modules
> that *I* use" [emphasis added]

I don't know the current status of dtrace (inside perl or how many
OSes support it), but this seems like the kind of question it would be
useful for.