Re: Switch perl's hash function to MurmurHash-32 (v3) andhashrandomization by default.

From:
Alexander Hartmaier
Date:
February 12, 2013 12:40
Re: Switch perl's hash function to MurmurHash-32 (v3) andhashrandomization by default.
Message ID:
CAB49QrZsarr_WjPx1d+GMkZSfgm+OBWhgJ2b0p5e8Jhe_m_U9g@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:

> See attached patch for more BIG_ENDIAN bswap32 builtins (apple and
> microsoft compilers).
>
> At
> https://github.com/parrot/parrot/blob/native_pbc2/include/parrot/bswap.h
> I've collected all cases, but there I do config probes for the includes.
>
> I am also not sure how to deal with unligned 32-bit ptrs in your case.
> Google has code in its template system to memcpy() unaligned ptrs before
> doing murmur hashing.
> Specialized 64-bit hashing should also be done sooner or later.
> --
> Reini Urban
> http://cpanel.net/   http://www.perl-compiler.org/

I'm replying to this thread because I can't find the other one where the
different hash algorithms where discussed.
There are two new hashing algorithms if somebody wants to look into them:
Keccak [1] and SHA-3 [2]

[1] http://keccak.noekeon.org/
[2] http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/ST/hash/sha-3/