Re: Keeping track of used modules

From:
Johan Vromans
Date:
February 12, 2013 11:57
Re: Keeping track of used modules
Message ID:
m2621xagnt.fsf@phoenix.squirrel.nl
Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> writes:

> Debian uses[1] atimes to record this; obviously no good where that's
> not supported/enabled by the filesystem, but it's another option to
> consider.

atime will only show *if* a module was used, and you'd still have to
scan all disks for users that installed their own CPAN modules.

What I meant what that the perl interpreter keeps a tally of the modules
it loads, and registers that somewhere. Not many users will install
their own perl interpreters.

-- Johan