Re: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?

From:
Greg Lindahl
Date:
February 12, 2013 07:18
Re: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?
Message ID:
20130212071828.GB21605@bx9.net
On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 03:03:24PM +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:
> David Cantrell <david@cantrell.org.uk> writes:
>
> > How about starting by getting a list of modules from grep.cpan.me, and
> > then using CPANdeps to see what uses them?
>
> What we need to know is which modules are used by application code that
> is running at user sites.
>
> Alternatively, some kind of popularity / quality voting on the CPAN site.

I would love to have something that I could wire into my build system
that would report, every few weeks, all the CPAN modules that I use,
along with a count of how many servers I deploy code on. It would need
to be cleverly designed to keep the data fresh, and of course not
every organization would want to report even approximate server
counts, but it could be a huge help in knowing the popularity of
various modules.

-- greg