bitcount.h & uudmap.h

From:
Neil Williams
Date:
February 9, 2013 17:42
Subject:
bitcount.h & uudmap.h
Message ID:
20130209174305.944ea29a85ba0716c8267012@debian.org
In the preparation of new cache files for cross-building support of
perl in Debian, I've got a question about these two generated headers
and the generate_uudmap.c source code.

I can't generate any differences in these files when testing on a
variety of architectures available with Debian, so I'm wondering if
this is a platform issue only. Is the need for these files limited to
Win32 or Darwin or Solaris or .. ?

Sample Debian output:
https://github.com/codehelp/perl-cross-debian/blob/master/arm-linux-gnueabi/5.14.2/bitcount.h
https://github.com/codehelp/perl-cross-debian/blob/master/arm-linux-gnueabi/5.14.2/uudmap.h

mg_data.h is added in 5.17, so I guess I'll be looking into that one
too.

https://github.com/codehelp/perl-cross-debian/blob/master/arm-linux-gnueabi/5.17.7/mg_data.h

--

Neil Williams