perlopentut branch for review

From:
Dave Rolsky
Date:
February 8, 2013 16:27
Subject:
perlopentut branch for review
Message ID:
alpine.DEB.2.00.1302081025160.18787@urth.org
I just pushed autarch/modernize-perlopentut.

This contains Alex Hartmaier's patches, plus a few tweaks from me.

I removed a lot of text at the head of the document which talked about
shell (and C to a lesser degree). I don't think that Perl tutorials should
assume that people coming to them will benefit from an in-depth comparison
to shell. That sort of thing belongs in reference docs if anywhere.

I also untabified the document since the code examples mixed tabs and
spaces.

Cheers,

-dave

http://VegGuide.org               http://blog.urth.org
Your guide to all that's veg      House Absolute(ly Pointless)