NWCLARK TPF grant report #73

From:
Date:
February 8, 2013 13:33
Subject:

 8.75		PERL_HASH
=====
 8.75

2013/01/26	Saturday
 0.25		RT #24689
=====
 0.25

Which I calculate is 28.25 hours

This week, after getting all the ducks in a row, I finally killed the
longjmp(). Firstly by moving it up into the same function as the setjmp()
and then by replacing it with a goto. Yes, unfortunately still evil. But
definately the lesser of two evils. Particularly as clang was now happy, and
address sanitiser reports no errors. I pushed it to a smoke-me branch to let
it stew.

During all this I'd had a couple of futher insights into hashing, so spent
some more time investigating them.

Nicholas Clark