RE: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?

From:
vadim.konovalov
Date:
February 8, 2013 08:46
RE: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?
Message ID:
35BF8D9716175C43BB9D67CA60CC345E028F5AEA96@FRMRSSXCHMBSC2.dc-m.alcatel-lucent.com
> From: Johan Vromans [mailto:jvromans@squirrel.nl]
> "Konovalov, Vadim writes:
>
> > Sometimes companies do re-branding, due to some reasons.
>
> I recently read an article (in dutch, but I can't find it
> anymore) that
> correlated brand renaming to bankruptcy. It seems that most cases of
> brand renaming were a last effort to draw attention to a product, and
> failed horribly.

can not argue about that article... maybe it has valid points.

But there are lot of examples of successfull re-branding...

GoldStar -> LG isn't an epic fail, yet there are many examples of successful
re-branding in my country.

the point is - usually rebranding done due to some reasons,
and - due to current circumstances - perl has real reasons to consider that.

Not a full name change, but s{5}{smth} is something to consider