Re: [perl #116659] closing STDIN causes warning when openingunrelated file

From:
Eirik Berg Hanssen
Date:
February 8, 2013 07:17
Re: [perl #116659] closing STDIN causes warning when openingunrelated file
Message ID:
CAHAeAG7gfQRAUqj2zPiK2NRy80kNSxrV8ZrS0Py-23zmiCMT6A@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM, David Golden <xdg@xdg.me> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Eirik Berg Hanssen
> <Eirik-Berg.Hanssen@allverden.no> wrote:
> >   If both should warn, the trigger should be executing a process with no
> fd0
> > opened for reading.
> >
> >   But currently, only one of them warns ... and I still cannot say I see
> > reason for it.
>
> So you're volunteering to write a patch?

  Contingent on my eventually seeing a reason for this warning, I might
volunteer to patch perldiag.pod.

  If on the other hand you want both to warn, that's too deep into C for me
– you're better off submitting a feature request by the ordinary channels.

Eirik