Re: Missing diagnostics - non C task

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 8, 2013 04:11
Re: Missing diagnostics - non C task
Message ID:
CANgJU+WRHeiY9QLHWH_kbA-97r1OLsQf3-9YvjxRAXGM+Gu4ig@mail.gmail.com
On 8 February 2013 04:11, James E Keenan <jkeen@verizon.net> wrote:
> On 2/7/13 11:06 AM, demerphq wrote:
>>
>> We apparently auto scan for diagnostics, and then auto TODO ones that
>> are older than a certain age.
>>

> Would it be possible to post this as an RT?  We could then reference it in
> upcoming hackathons?

Since I cant create tickets on rt.perl.org without screwing around
with perlbug and pasting emails into gmail and stuff I tend not to use
RT to report things.

I personally find it really strange that I can close tickets on
rt.perl.org but I cant create them.

Even more annoying is that I cant use perlbug from the repo without
installing perl somewhere.

This situation is most unsatisfactory for someone with minimal time
like myself. Why should I waste my time faffing around with 1980's bug
reporting technology when we have a nice shiny web site for managing
bugs (but not creating them?)

Anyway:

https://rt.perl.org/rt3/Ticket/Display.html?id=116683

> Also, I'm not sure who is the "we" you are referring to and where that "auto
> scan" or "auto TODO"-ing takes place.  Could you elaborate a bit so that a
> non-core/P5P person could pick this up more quickly?

I created the list with the following one liner:

TEST_ARGS="-v -re porting/diag.t" make -j8 test_harness 2>&1 | perl
-lne'print if /^not ok/ .. /^(?:# Checking|ok)/' | grep -v '#
Checking' | grep -v '^ok' > bad_diag.txt

The actual test script that one liner runs is:

t/porting/diag.t

Cheers,
yves