Re: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?

From:
Joseph Brenner
Date:
February 8, 2013 00:03
Re: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?
Message ID:
CAFfgvXUZXtBKxsdkn3vja5FUA8UK_dxwwO=Y9Wh4uUN0ZXSvYg@mail.gmail.com
Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:

"The issue here is purely about marketing."

Correct.  The suggestion is that there's a simple, nearly-free change
that could be made that would improve perl's standing in the world.
But if it doesn't involve lots of code, we can't manage the decision.

Personally, I like the "perl YYYY" idea: it makes it clear that new
versions of perl are coming out without (too much) nose thumbing at
the Perl 6 project for taking some time.

On the other hand, if we need to get Larry to sign off on the idea, we
might go with perl6 instead of perl7 and offer him the lucky 7 to work
with.