Re: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
February 7, 2013 22:06
Re: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?
Message ID:
20130207220554.GA11456@cancer.codesimply.com
* Alexander Hartmaier <alex.hartmaier@gmail.com> [2013-02-07T17:00:31]
> If the p5p core devs can finally agree on making backward-compatibility
> changes I'll propose to start a list of things that should be changed and
> removed (and maybe even some added /me looks at method signatures).

We have made backward-incompatible changes, on occasion.

Why don't you propose *specific things* and *one at a time*.  Bonus points for
checking things like grep.cpan.me for an idea of *how much* code would break.
I also strongly suggest that you explain how the breakage adds *specific*
value.  "Let's drop a rarely used feature because it is rarely used." is not
that.

--
rjbs