Re: Of versions and variants (was: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?)

From:
Mark Overmeer
Date:
February 7, 2013 14:18
Re: Of versions and variants (was: Perl 7 or Perl 2013?)
Message ID:
20130207141812.GK2414@moon.overmeer.net
* David Golden (xdg@xdg.me) [130207 14:06]:
> On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 5:27 AM, Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@pobox.com> wrote:
> > Let's simply talk in terms of "version 18", "version 19" etc.
> > On the mailing list, in release notes, on conference slides.

+1
That certainly gives more "body" to our continuous development.

> +We are [SYNONYM FOR 'pleased'] to announce version [VERSION.SUBVERSION],
> +the [N-TH] development release of version 17 of Perl 5.

Maybe disambigue the use of "version".

    Release 8 of generation 17 of Perl version 5

    We proudly present Perl 5 generation 18, another major step in
    our continuous effort to improve the language.

In the style of "XYZ Next Generation"
--
Regards,

               MarkOv