Re: [perl #116659] closing STDIN causes warning when openingunrelated file

From:
David Golden
Date:
February 7, 2013 13:56
Re: [perl #116659] closing STDIN causes warning when openingunrelated file
Message ID:
CAOeq1c_5RfTcQituFbDj=w0UoDscOxg7Hg6YTB4TpUqSTsMqSg@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Aaron Crane <arc@cpan.org> wrote:
> I don't know what hoops Capture::Tiny jumps through in this case, but
> AFAICT, that logic should work in Perl space just as well as in C
> space.

If I recall, if it sees STDIN closed, it opens it to
File::Spec->devnull for the duration of the capture (while monkeying
around extensively with handles) and then closes it again afterwards.

--
David Golden <xdg@xdg.me>
Twitter/IRC: @xdg