develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2013

Re: [perl #116312] Building perl with makepp

From:
Daniel Pfeiffer
Date:
January 29, 2013 21:35
Re: [perl #116312] Building perl with makepp
Message ID:
510840A3.8070506@t-online.de
la 2013-01-07 16:22 Dave Mitchell via RT skribis:
> On Sun, Jan 06, 2013 at 08:47:31AM -0800, Daniel Pfeiffer wrote:
>> I've picked up my attempts to compile perl (5.16.2) with http://makepp.sf.net,
>> now that makepp is more gmake compatible than ever.  These are the 3 changes
>> it took:
>>
>> The 1st stumbling block is perly.[ch].  Since there are rules, makepp will run
>> them.  Since the targets are write protected, makepp will remove them first.
>> But the rules are a lie, they succeed, but don't produce the files, making
>> further compilations fail :-(  Wrap them like this in Makefile.SH:1141: to
>> hide them from makepp:
>>
>> ifndef MAKEPP_VERSION
>> perly.c: perly.y
>>       -@sh -c true
>>
>> perly.h: perly.y
>>       -@sh -c true
>> endif
>>

>> The same is true in x2p/Makefile.SH:143: for a2p.c.
> I think it would be easier to just remove those two rules; they are no
> longer needed AFAIKT.

I just checked and saw that 5.17.8 is out.  But nothing happened about this.
When can it be expected?

coralament / best Grötens / liebe Grüße / best regards / elkorajn salutojn
Daniel Pfeiffer

--
lerne / learn / apprends / lär dig / ucz się    Esperanto:
                     http://lernu.net  /  http://ikurso.net