develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2013

Re: Solaris smoke testers wanted

From:
zengargoyle
Date:
January 26, 2013 09:38
Re: Solaris smoke testers wanted
Message ID:
CAGdnNgP7HNaq0p7B22mhc9kSyVx4t+-qpXPtoRxqnwzmGzaPkA@mail.gmail.com
There should be some Solaris SPARC reports now.  Sadly it's not the
fastest of machines,
after paring down the tests to threads, 64bitall, dtrace, debugging -
it takes about 18 hours
to smoke at a safe `nice 1` level.  Seems like lots of stuff is unhappy...

  Change number 42bb57af5d09a3173afb22e2786779eabfed2223 started on
Thu Jan 24 20:01:18 2013.
    16 out of 16 configurations finished in 18 hours 44 minutes.
    12 configurations showed failures (F).
    Average smoke duration: 1 hour 10 minutes.

But the basic no threads, with(out)? 64bitall is ok.

v5.17.8-52-g42bb57a  Configuration (common) none
----------- ---------------------------------------------------------
O O O O
O O O O     -Duse64bitall
F F F F     -Dusedtrace
F F M -     -Dusedtrace -Duse64bitall
F F F F     -Duseithreads
F F F F     -Duseithreads -Duse64bitall
F F F F     -Duseithreads -Dusedtrace
F F F F     -Duseithreads -Dusedtrace -Duse64bitall
| | | +----- PERLIO = perlio -DDEBUGGING
| | +------- PERLIO = stdio  -DDEBUGGING
| +--------- PERLIO = perlio
+----------- PERLIO = stdio

Hope this helps a bit, let me know if I should change any of the defaults to
increase verbosity or email failures somewhere.  I'll try to run one every
day or so