develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2013

[perl #116463] POSIX.pm test failures under FreeBSD with ZFS

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
January 25, 2013 12:34
Subject:
[perl #116463] POSIX.pm test failures under FreeBSD with ZFS
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-4370-1359117234-408.116463-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Jan 22 08:43:29 2013, pete_wright wrote:
> Jim Keenan reached out to NycBUG asking for people who are running
> FreeBSD-9.0 with an enabled ZFS filesystem to try to reproduce this bug.
>  I've attached the output, via script(1), of the following commands:
>
> tar xzvf perl-5.17.8.tar.gz
> cd perl-5.17.8
> sh ./Configure -des -Dusedevel
> make
> make test
>
> I can confirm that I am seeing this issue.  As mentioned before the
> system is running FreeBSD-9.1-RELEASE.  All filesystems on this system
> (including /) are ZFS.  Please let me know if you'd like me to try out
> any patches or if you require additional info.

I've reproduced this locally in a VM (setting a ZFS root is fun!).

Do you also see a TODO test passing for ext/POSIX/t/posix.t ?

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new