develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2013

[perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation

From:
Nicolas Mendoza via RT
Date:
January 23, 2013 22:27
Subject:
[perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-4370-1358901546-830.116483-15-0@perl.org
On Tir. 22. Jan. 2013 10:31:03, hanekomu wrote:
> Hi nicomen,
>
> I've already started to work on this. There aren't that many files to
> change, as far as I can see.
>
> To get all files that don't require test.pl but do print something and
> are not in the directories-to-
> be-excluded as mentioned above:
>
> $ ack -G '\.t$' -L 'require.*test.pl' | xargs ack -l print | ack -v
> '^(base|cmd|comp|opbasic|re)/'
>
>   op/sprintf.t
>   porting/maintainers.t
>   porting/podcheck.t
>   run/switchF1.t
>   run/switchp.t
>   win32/system.t
>
> I've already worked on op/sprintf.t and porting/maintainers.t (and
> changed
> Porting/Maintainers.pm to output results in a deterministic order).
>
> Also, I'm going to - as discussed with rjbs on IRC - make the
> "chdir/@INC/require test.pl" code
> at the top of each test more consistent across all tests.
>
> So if you don't mind I'd like to continue working on this bug.

Sure, no problem. just thought it was unassigned ;)

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open