develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2013

[perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation

From:
Marcel Gruenauer via RT
Date:
January 22, 2013 21:09
Subject:
[perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-4370-1358879462-1653.116483-15-0@perl.org
Hi nicomen,

I've already started to work on this. There aren't that many files to change, as far as I can see.

To get all files that don't require test.pl but do print something and are not in the directories-to-
be-excluded as mentioned above:

$ ack -G '\.t$' -L 'require.*test.pl' | xargs ack -l print | ack -v '^(base|cmd|comp|opbasic|re)/'

  op/sprintf.t
  porting/maintainers.t
  porting/podcheck.t
  run/switchF1.t
  run/switchp.t
  win32/system.t

I've already worked on op/sprintf.t and porting/maintainers.t (and changed
Porting/Maintainers.pm to output results in a deterministic order).

Also, I'm going to - as discussed with rjbs on IRC - make the "chdir/@INC/require test.pl" code
at the top of each test more consistent across all tests.

So if you don't mind I'd like to continue working on this bug.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open