develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2013

Re: [perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation

From:
demerphq
Date:
January 22, 2013 17:59
Re: [perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation
Message ID:
CANgJU+WPryjK_4Wuv3OiukohNU4vUN3BVe+P2YdSdoR+8cYUFQ@mail.gmail.com
On 21 January 2013 17:10, Ricardo SIGNES <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> # New Ticket Created by  Ricardo SIGNES
>

> Many tests below ./t still generate TAP by "hand", rather than using library
> functions. As explained in perlhack/TESTING, tests in ./t are written in a
> particular way to test that more complex constructions actually work before
> using them routinely. Hence they don't use Test::More, but instead there is an
> intentionally simpler library, ./t/test.pl. However, quite a few tests in ./t
> have not been refactored to use it. Refactoring any of these tests, one at a
> time, is a useful thing TODO.
>
> The subdirectories base, cmd and comp, which contain the most basic tests,
> **must** be excluded from this task.

Also probably tests in t/re.

A lot of the test infrastructure uses regexes to do its tests. At one
point we were really anal about this for regexps.

Yves