develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2013

[perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation

From:
Nicolas Mendoza via RT
Date:
January 22, 2013 17:56
Subject:
[perl #116483] migrate t/ from custom TAP generation
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-4370-1358876044-1112.116483-15-0@perl.org
On Man. 21. Jan. 2013 12:50:51, jkeenan wrote:
> On Mon Jan 21 08:10:36 2013, rjbs wrote:
> >
> > Many tests below ./t still generate TAP by "hand", rather than using
> > library
> > functions. As explained in perlhack/TESTING, tests in ./t are
written
> > in a
> > particular way to test that more complex constructions actually work
> > before
> > using them routinely. Hence they don't use Test::More, but instead
> > there is an
> > intentionally simpler library, ./t/test.pl. However, quite a few
tests
> > in ./t
> > have not been refactored to use it. Refactoring any of these tests,
> > one at a
> > time, is a useful thing TODO.
> >
> > The subdirectories base, cmd and comp, which contain the most basic
> > tests,
> > **must** be excluded from this task.
>
> Also, we have determined that certain tests formerly in t/op use
> functionality presumed to work by t/test.pl.  A couple of months back,
> we moved them to t/opbasic, so they, too, are excluded from this task.
>
> I would be happy to assist anyone who takes on part of this task with
> the associated task of writing of descriptions for tests lacking them
--
> something we began at the St Louis Perl Hackathon in November and have
> been plugging away at since.
>
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan

This is something I would like to help with.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open