develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2013

[perl #46581] perlop Document clarification

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
January 15, 2013 03:28
Subject:
[perl #46581] perlop Document clarification
Message ID:
rt-3.6.HEAD-4370-1358220516-17.46581-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Sep 18 18:41:28 2012, jkeenan wrote:
> On Sun Jun 10 04:30:06 2012, davem wrote:
> >
> > It's hard to guess all possible side effects, and they may change over
> > time, so I don't think there's any benefit to trying to enumerate
> > them. Off the top of my head I can think of overloading.
> >
> > I think that the text should be left is-as, but with an additional
> > sentence explaining that the mutator forms explicitly don't warn about
> > an
> > undefined LHS.
> >

> Dave,
>
> Do you still wish to supply that additional sentence to perlop?
>
> Otherwise, I propose that we close this ticket.
>
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan

The absence of further correspondence in this RT for the past four
months suggests that we can continue to live with 'perlop' in its
current state.  Closing ticket.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

---