develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2012

Re: Solaris smoke testers wanted

From:
Peter Martini
Date:
December 29, 2012 18:28
Re: Solaris smoke testers wanted
Message ID:
CAFyW6MT8NxGfECnUTHzuMOgEMUC6jUEnAQ+4gbnLDfY9j_vktw@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Dave Mitchell <davem@iabyn.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 01:44:24PM -0600, Dave Rolsky wrote:
>> Someone found a problem with the 5.17.7-to-be tarball on Solaris
>> today and reported it in #p5p.
>>
>> I wanted to see if there were other reports of the same bug on
>> Solaris but there's very little Solaris activity on
>> http://perl5.test-smoke.org/
>>
>> It'd be great to get a few Solaris systems doing regularly smoke tests.
>
> Note also that all the current Solaris smokes are on x86; we don't have
> any Solaris/SPARC smokers.

I have an old Ultra2 (300MHz or so processor, I think 2 of them).  I
can put Solaris 10 on it and see if I can get Sun's compiler
installed.

Any idea if that would be too old to handle smoke testing?