develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2012

Re: [perl #5087] used only once warning

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
December 12, 2012 16:03
Re: [perl #5087] used only once warning
Message ID:
20121212155510.GC1842@iabyn.com
On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 10:12:54AM -0800, Peter Martini via RT wrote:
> So, I wrote a patch to do this, but I can't submit that patch as is
> because there's quite a few tests that fail (the tests check to make
> sure no warnings are triggered, and now they capture the used once warning).
>
> Virtually all of the warnings I've seen are due to this style of code:
>
> sub {
> my ($self, @args) = @_;
> do_something @args;
> }
>
> Which I suspect exists often enough in the wild that a lot of
> scripts/modules would see new warnings if this is enabled ...

Which is probably a good reason not to add such a warning.

--
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.