develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2012

Re: [perl #115910] New copy-on-write breaks CPAN

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
December 6, 2012 22:38
Re: [perl #115910] New copy-on-write breaks CPAN
Message ID:
CAHhgV8gkWPHSwxL7Sqwju9PGRqO1YmBrnYzVsOYwdf-aiuWJ9g@mail.gmail.com
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Andreas Koenig
<andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR@franz.ak.mind.de> wrote:
> Are you intending to write individual tickets for each?
>
> File-Map-0.53
> SysV-SharedMem-0.007

Interesting. Both SV_CHECK_THINKFIRST(var) before initializing the
variable, so I thought they were safe. I don't know the details of the
new COW logic, I can imagine I also need to do it in the set magic.

Leon