develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2012

Re: security notice: Locale::Maketext

From:
Ricardo Signes
Date:
December 5, 2012 21:05
Re: security notice: Locale::Maketext
Message ID:
20121205210501.GA15519@cancer.codesimply.com
* Dominic Hargreaves <dom@earth.li> [2012-12-05T13:51:19]
> I wondered (and the question has arised within the Debian project) whether
> anyone might be relying on the previous behaviour? Have you been able to do
> any assessment of this?

It's difficult to say, unfortunately, because (I suppose) most projects that
would use Locale::Maketext would not be CPAN projects, and so finding them is
not trivial.

I did do some grepping of the CPAN and found zero cases.

It should be quite easy to add this behavior back as optional, if we find
we've broken anything.

I'm sorry I can't be more concrete!

--
rjbs