develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2012

Re: perl smokes with -DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT (or -DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE)?

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
December 4, 2012 21:04
Re: perl smokes with -DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT (or -DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE)?
Message ID:
50BE655D.6000807@iki.fi

> Curiously, I also build on x86_64 and -DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE works
> except for the porting test that says it is trying to export two variables
> that don't exist.

Curiously, I finally broke down and tried compiling 5.17.6 with
-DPERL_GLOBAL_STRUCT_PRIVATE in OS X 10.8.2.

It builds and tests, except for one kind-of-expected-because-of-the-def
failure [1], ... but according to nm the GLOBAL_STRUCT* cleanness is...
quite distant history.  Sigh.

[1]

$ ./perl -Ilib t/porting/globvar.t
not ok 1 - Attempting to export 'PL_Vars' which is never defined
# Failed test 1 - Attempting to export 'PL_Vars' which is never defined
at t/porting/globvar.t line 61
not ok 2 - Attempting to export 'PL_VarsPtr' which is never defined
# Failed test 2 - Attempting to export 'PL_VarsPtr' which is never
defined at t/porting/globvar.t line 61
ok 3 # skip We don't export PL_bitcount